The mission of the California State PTA is to positively impact the lives of all children and families.
Adopted by the California State PTA, August 2013.
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
PTA Core Values
The California State PTA is a professional, non-profit volunteer organization committed to the well-being of all children.
We believe every adult has a responsibility to ensure that all children develop to their full potential.
We believe parents are children’s first teachers and that parent involvement is essential throughout a child’s educational experience.
We believe that family is the basic unit of society responsible for the support and nurturing of all children, and recognize that “the family” may be defined in many ways.
We believe our responsibility includes advocating for the safety and welfare of all children and the opportunity for a quality public education for each child.
PTA Basic Policies
Basic policies govern the activities of all PTAs. These policies ensure a unity of purpose through the members’ commitment to the Purposes of the PTA and help protect the association and its members from exploitation. In addition, Jordan PAT is tax exempt under Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3). As such, we maintain strict adherence to its requirements in order to retain that exemption.
The PTA is a noncommercial, nonsectarian and nonpartisan organization.